installation Autocad 2023 Error 4005 | When installing an AutoCAD-based 2023 product or language pack, the below message appears:
- Installing program to an external hard drive.
- Installing program on unsupported hardware or environment.
- Corrupted download package.
- Outdated or corrupted Autodesk On-Demand Install Service (ODIS) component.
To solve the issue, verify the following suggestions one by one:
Uninstall and re-install the Autodesk On-Demand Install Service (ODIS) component manually
- Go to the Windows Services.
- Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type “services.msc” in the Run window and hit Enter or press OK.
- Stop the service “Autodesk Access Service Host”.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AdODIS\V1.
- Launch “RemoveODIS.exe” as admin (right click > run as administrator), if it exists. Otherwise remove manually all the content in the folder.
- Download and install the latest version of the Autodesk On-Demand Install Service (ODIS).
- Run again the Autodesk product install.
Recreate the Custom Install image
If you are installing using Custom Install from the Autodesk Account, recreate the install package and try again to install. See: Create deployments from Autodesk Account.
Use the latest available Installation from Autodesk Account
Download and install again using a different install method. See: Download methods.
Installing program to an external hard drive
Only install Autodesk software to a local drive. Refer to: Can Autodesk software be installed on an external drive?.
Error code 4005
Description: AdIX package failed to install due to package signature error.
Solution: To resolve this issue, do one of the following:
- Update your OS.
- Download the installer again from the Autodesk Accounts Portal.