Clean Uninstall Autocad 2023 | This article covers clean uninstalls of Autodesk software from windows and mac.
Clean Uninstall Autocad 2023 for Windows
Instructions on how to perform a clean uninstall of Autodesk products on Windows.
A clean uninstall may be necessary if:
- You’re trying to upgrade to a new version and keep getting errors.
- You tried to install a product for the first time and installation stopped midway.
- You thought you installed it successfully, but the product won’t start.
- Search “Uninstall Tool” on the Windows Start button.
- Open it and select all the Autodesk software to remove them.
Note. The Uninstall Tool is only available for Autodesk software that are not using the new Installation Experience. If the tool is not available on your system, skip to Step 3.
- Click Start > type appwiz.cpl > press ENTER. The Control Panel opens. Uninstall all Autodesk software.
- Run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to check and remove any residual Autodesk software on the system.
- Click Start > type %temp% > press ENTER. The Temp folder opens. Remove all folders and files, skip any in use.
- Remove the 3 files starting with adsk in C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet (Note. One of the 3 files is hidden).
- Remove the folders below:
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
- C:\ProgramData\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- %localappdata%\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- %appdata%\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- Open Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT) and remove the following:
Note. The above Clean Uninstall steps will remove all Autodesk software from your machine and any residual files from any previous installations, Windows registry keys, and license information. Use this procedure only if you need to remove ALL Autodesk software from your system. To uninstall single products, use the Uninstall button in “Programs and Features” in “Control Panel”.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, Back up system registry. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.
Clean Uninstall Autocad 2023 for Mac
How to perform a clean uninstall of Autodesk programs on macOS.
Note. If multiple Autodesk products are installed, the following process will affect all of them.
- Uninstalling all the installed software using the “Remove…” application.
Alternatively, by right-clicking the programs and choosing Move to Trash.
- If you are uninstalling version 2020 or newer versions stop the Autodesk Licensing Service daemon:
- Open a Terminal window.
- Type launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.autodesk.AdskLicensingService.plist
- Remove files and folders that may have been left behind after uninstalling the product using the following commands in Terminal:
Note. The rm -rf command is destructive if not used properly. It will delete the files permanently.
- sudo rm -rf /Users/<USER NAME>/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk* (removes Autodesk background services files).
- sudo rm -rf /Users/<USER NAME>/Library/Logs/Autodesk* (removes Autodesk background services log files).
- sudo rm -rf /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.autodesk.* (removes Autodesk daemons).
- sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk* (removes Autodesk application data).
- sudo rm -rf /Applications/Autodesk (removes Autodesk program shortcuts).
- sudo pkgutil –pkgs | grep -i autodesk | xargs -n1 pkgutil –forget (removes residual Autodesk product packages).
Note: If this step fails you must enable the macOS root user and run it again as user root:
- Enable macOS root user.
- In the Terminal type: su –
- Type the root password (no characters will be shown).
- Run the command: pkgutil –pkgs | grep -i autodesk | xargs -n1 pkgutil –-forget
- Type exit (to exit the root user).