Acad.exe entry point not found | When starting Autodesk software, an error appears:
<product.exe> – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point <code point text> could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Autodesk\…\<file>.dll.
- The DLL <code point text> and the DLL mentioned can vary.
- DLL files seen to exhibit this error are:
There are multiple potential causes for this behavior:
- The DLL referenced in the error message is the wrong version.
- This happens when a DLL has been copied to a location on the system other than its default location.
- Conflicting Windows or .NET update.
To resolve the error:
- Search the local hard drive for extra copies of the affected DLL.
- Remove or rename the extra files.
If the problem persists, use the following strategies:
- Uninstall any associated object enabler.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the software by doing the following:
- Perform a clean uninstall of the software by using the Microsoft Fix It tool
- Download the software from the Autodesk Account.
- Reinstall the software.
Follow Instructions to Repair
Recommended: To repair ‘Acad.Exe’ Errors, use this software package; Advanced System Repair. This repair tool has been proven to identify and fix these errors and other Windows problems with very high efficiency.