Choosing the best computer for Sims 4 and mods depends on your budget and desired level of performance. Here are some options to consider:
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 (2023): This laptop is a powerhouse, with a Ryzen 9 6900HS processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card, 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD. It can handle even the most demanding mods and expansions on the highest settings, and it’s also great for other demanding tasks like video editing and gaming.
- CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme Gaming Desktop: This desktop PC has an Intel Core i7-13700KF processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card, 16GB of RAM, and a 1TB SSD. It’s even more powerful than the Zephyrus G14, and it’s a good choice if you want the best possible performance for Sims 4.
- MSI GF63 Thin 11SC-032XUS: This laptop has an Intel Core i5-11400H processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics card, 8GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD. It can handle most mods and expansions on medium or high settings, and it’s a good option if you’re on a budget.
- Dell Inspiron 15 5515: This laptop has an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor, AMD Radeon RX 6600M graphics card, 8GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD. It’s a good option if you prefer AMD processors, and it can handle most mods and expansions on medium or high settings.
- Acer Aspire 5 A515-56-55K5: This laptop has an Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. It can handle the base game and some smaller mods on low or medium settings. It’s a good option if you’re on a very tight budget.
- HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk0026nr: This laptop has an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor, AMD Radeon Graphics, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. It’s similar to the Acer Aspire 5 in terms of performance, but it has a slightly better graphics card.
Things to keep in mind when choosing a computer for Sims 4 and mods:
- Processor: A good processor is important for running Sims 4 smoothly, especially with mods. Look for a processor with at least 4 cores and a clock speed of 3GHz or higher.
- Graphics card: A good graphics card is important for getting good visuals in Sims 4, especially with high-resolution mods. An NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon RX 6600M is a good starting point.
- RAM: RAM is important for multitasking and running multiple mods at once. 8GB of RAM is the minimum, but 16GB is recommended if you plan on using a lot of mods.
- Storage: A solid-state drive (SSD) will make your computer load Sims 4 and mods much faster than a traditional hard drive (HDD). Look for an SSD with at least 500GB of storage.
- Operating system: Windows 10 or 11 is required to run Sims 4.
No matter which computer you choose, make sure to check the system requirements for any mods you want to use before you buy them. Some mods may require more powerful hardware than others.