AutoCAD 2023 error 4005 is an installation error that can occur when trying to install AutoCAD-based 2023 products. The error message typically states “The install couldn’t finish. Error 4005.”
There are two main causes of this error:
- Outdated or corrupted Autodesk On-Demand Install Service (ODIS) component: The ODIS component is responsible for downloading and installing AutoCAD files during the installation process. If this component is outdated or corrupted, it can cause the installation to fail.
- Installing the program on unsupported hardware or environment: AutoCAD 2023 has specific system requirements that your computer must meet in order to run properly. If you are trying to install the program on a computer that does not meet these requirements, you may encounter error 4005.
Here are some potential solutions to fix AutoCAD 2023 error 4005:
Solution 1: Download and install the latest version of the Autodesk On-Demand Install Service (ODIS)
- Go to the Autodesk On-Demand Install Service (ODIS) download page: https://silentinstallhq.com/autodesk-on-demand-install-services-silent-install-how-to-guide/
- Download the latest version of the ODIS software for your operating system.
- Run the downloaded ODIS installer and follow the prompts to install the software.
- Once the ODIS installation is complete, try running the AutoCAD 2023 installation again.
Solution 2: Verify that your computer meets the system requirements for AutoCAD 2023
- Go to the AutoCAD 2023 system requirements page
- Compare the system requirements to your computer’s specifications.
- If your computer does not meet the minimum requirements, you may need to upgrade your hardware before you can install AutoCAD 2023.
If you have tried both of these solutions and you are still encountering error 4005, you may need to contact Autodesk support for further assistance.