Visual Studio Laptop Requirements 2022 | If you are considering buying a laptop, you should consider the following criteria.
- Windows 11 version 21H2 or higher: Home, Pro, Pro Education, Pro for Workstations, Enterprise, and Education
- Windows 10 version 1909 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise.
- 1.8 GHz or faster 64-bit processor; Quad-core or better recommended. 32-bit and ARM processors are not supported.
- Minimum of 4 GB of RAM. Many factors impact resources used; we recommend 16 GB RAM for typical professional solutions.
- Windows 365: Minimum 2 vCPU and 8 GB RAM. 4 vCPU and 16 GB of RAM recommended.
- Hard disk space: Minimum of 850 MB up to 210 GB of available space, depending on features installed; typical installations require 20-50 GB of free space. We recommend installing Windows and Visual Studio on a solid-state drive (SSD) to increase performance.
- Video card that supports a minimum display resolution of WXGA (1366 by 768); Visual Studio will work best at a resolution of 1920 by 1080 or higher.