Visual Studio 2022 Community System Requirements | The following products support the minimum system requirements below:
- Visual Studio Enterprise 2022.
- Visual Studio Professional 2022.
- Visual Studio Community 2022.
Supported Operating Systems for Visual Studio
X64 Visual Studio 2022 is supported on the following x64-bit operating systems:
- Windows 11 version 21H2 or higher: Home, Pro, Pro Education, Pro for Workstations, Enterprise, and Education
- Windows 10 version 1909 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise.
- Windows Server 2022: Standard and Datacenter.
- Windows Server 2019: Standard and Datacenter.
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter.
Arm64 Visual Studio 2022 17.4 and later are supported on the following 64-bit ARM operating systems:
- Windows 11 version 21H2 or higher
The following are not supported:
- 32-bit operating systems.
- Windows 10 on Arm.
- x64 Visual Studio 2022 on Windows 11 on Arm.
- Arm64 Visual Studio 2022 versions 17.3 and earlier on Windows 11 on Arm.
- Windows 11 Home in S mode, Windows Enterprise IoT, Windows 10 IoT Core, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC edition, Windows 10 S, and Windows 10 Team Edition. You may use Visual Studio 2022 to build apps that run on these editions of Windows.
- Server IoT, Server Core and Minimal Server Interface options for Windows Server.
- Windows containers, except for the Visual Studio Build Tools.
- Running in virtual machine environment without a full Windows operating system.
- Application virtualization solutions such as such as Microsoft App-V or MSIX for Windows, or third-party app virtualization technologies.
- Multiple simultaneous users using the software on the same machine, including shared virtual desktop infrastructure machines or a pooled Windows Virtual Desktop hostpool.
Hardware for Visual Studio
For guidance on improving performance, see Optimize Visual Studio performance.
- 1.8 GHz or faster 64-bit processor; Quad-core or better recommended. ARM processors are not supported.
- Minimum of 4 GB of RAM. Many factors impact resources used; we recommend 16 GB RAM for typical professional solutions.
- Windows 365: Minimum 2 vCPU and 8 GB RAM. 4 vCPU and 16 GB of RAM recommended.
- Hard disk space: Minimum of 850 MB up to 210 GB of available space, depending on features installed; typical installations require 20-50 GB of free space. We recommend installing Windows and Visual Studio on a solid-state drive (SSD) to increase performance.
- Video card that supports a minimum display resolution of WXGA (1366 by 768); Visual Studio will work best at a resolution of 1920 by 1080 or higher.
- Minimum resolution assumes zoom, DPI settings, and text scaling are set at 100%. If not set to 100%, minimum resolution should be scaled accordingly. For example, if you set the Windows display ‘Scale and layout’ setting on your Surface Book, which has a 3000×2000 physical display, to 200%, then Visual Studio would see a logical screen resolution of 1500×1000, meeting the minimum 1366×768 requirement.
Supported Languages for Visual Studio
Visual Studio is available in English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. You can select the language of Visual Studio during installation. The Visual Studio Installer is available in the same fourteen languages, and will match the language of Windows, if available.
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Office Integration 2019 is available in the ten languages supported by Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2019.