Python system requirements are critical for successful and exciting code creation. These requirements should be as follows. You can also click here Best laptop for Python programming
Python System Requirements
- Operating System:
- Windows 7,10 or 11
- Mac OS X 10.11 or higher, 64-bit
- Linux: RHEL 6/7, 64-bit (almost all libraries also work in Ubuntu)
- x86 64-bit CPU (Intel / AMD architecture)
- 4 GB RAM
- 5 GB free disk space
- Anaconda Python system requirements
- Spyder Python system requirements
- OpenCV Python system requirements
- intel distribution for python system requirements
- PyCharm Python system requirements
- TensorFlow Python system requirements
- Python 3.10 system requirements
1) Anaconda Python system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 8 or newer, 64-bit macOS 10.13+, or Linux, including Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS 6+, and others.
- System architecture: Windows- 64-bit x86, 32-bit x86; MacOS- 64-bit x86; Linux- 64-bit x86, 64-bit Power8/Power9.
- CPU: 2 x 64-bit 2.8 GHz 8.00 GT/s CPUs
- RAM: 32 GB (or 16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM)
- Storage: 300 GB. (600 GB for air-gapped deployments.) Additional space recommended if the repository will be used to store packages built by the customer. With an empty repository, a base install requires 2 GB.
- Internet access to download the files from Anaconda.org or a USB drive containing all of the files you need with alternate instructions for air gapped installations.
2) Spyder Python system requirements
Spyder works on modern versions of Windows, macOS and Linux (see the table below for recommended versions) via Anaconda, as well as other methods. It typically uses relatively minimal CPU when idle, and 0.5 GB – 1 GB of RAM, depending on how long you’ve been using it and how many files, projects, panes and consoles you have open. It should work on any system with a dual-core or better x64 processor and at least 4 GB of RAM, although 8 GB is strongly recommended for best performance when running other applications. However, the code you run, such as scientific computation and deep learning models, may require additional resources beyond this baseline for Spyder itself.
|Operating system||Minimum Version|
|macOS||High Sierra (10.13)|
3) OpenCV Python system requirements
- Miniconda; 400 MB disk space
- Anaconda; minimum 3 GB disk space
- Windows, macOS or Linux
- 32 or 64 bit
- Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 or newer
4) intel distribution for python system requirements
- Windows® 10
- Windows* 11
- Python 3.7.4
- Microsoft Visual Studio*
5) PyCharm Python system requirements
- RAM: 4 GB (Recommended 8 GB)
- CPU: Multi-core CPU
- Disk space: SSD drive with at least 5 GB of free space
- Monitor resolution: 1920×1080 or higher
- Operating system: Latest 64-bit version of Windows, macOS, or Linux (for example, Debian, Ubuntu, or RHEL)
6) TensorFlow Python system requirements
The following GPU-enabled devices are supported:
- NVIDIA® GPU card with CUDA® architectures 3.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0 and higher. See the list of CUDA®-enabled GPU cards.
- For GPUs with unsupported CUDA® architectures, or to avoid JIT compilation from PTX, or to use different versions of the NVIDIA® libraries, see the Linux build from source guide.
- Packages do not contain PTX code except for the latest supported CUDA® architecture; therefore, TensorFlow fails to load on older GPUs when
CUDA_FORCE_PTX_JIT=1is set. (See Application Compatibility for details.)
- Ubuntu 16.04 or higher (64-bit)
- macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) or higher (64-bit) (no GPU support)
- Windows Native – Windows 7 or higher (64-bit)
- Windows WSL2 – Windows 10 19044 or higher (64-bit)
- Python 3.7–3.10
- pip version 19.0 or higher for Linux (requires
manylinux2010support) and Windows. pip version 20.3 or higher for macOS.
- Windows Native Requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019
The following NVIDIA® software are only required for GPU support.
- NVIDIA® GPU drivers version 450.80.02 or higher.
- CUDA® Toolkit 11.2.
- cuDNN SDK 8.1.0.
- (Optional) TensorRT to improve latency and throughput for inference.
8) Python 3.10 system requirements
- Operating System: 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 11, 10 or Apple macOS
- RAM: 4 GB
- Processor: 2,5 GHz
- Disk Space: 5 GB free (suggested SSD)
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 with True Color or higher
- Display Card: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant