Best Developer Laptop 2022 | For developer, you should definitely get a reliable laptop that meets your needs. Because having a powerful processor, sufficient storage and high memory is very important for you.
If you’re looking for the best laptops for Developer, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together a list to help you find the best laptop for Developer.
Developer Laptop Requirements
- CPU: 4 core 3.0 GHz.
- RAM: 16GB ( Recommended 32GB )
- Storage: 500GB SSD ( Recommended 1TB SSD )
- Graphics: Integrated
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit or higher
- Extras: 1 USB 2.0 or 3.0 Port, Microphone, Camera
The Best Developer Laptops in 2022
1. Razer Blade Pro 17
Razer Blade Pro 17 Gaming Laptop 2019: Intel Core i7-9750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q, 17.3″ FHD 240Hz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, CNC Aluminum, Chroma RGB Lighting, Thunderbolt 3, SD Card Reader
|Brand||Razer Blade Pro 17|
|Screen Size||17.3 Inches|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB|
|CPU Model||Core i7 Family|
|Ram Memory Installed Size||16 GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q|
About Razer Blade Pro 17
- Zero-compromise powerhouse: Built for gaming and creative work in a 0.78″ thin CNC aluminum unibody with high-performance vapor chamber cooling
- Futureproof design: Supports SSD and dual-channel memory upgradeability, Thunderbolt 3 enabled, compatible with Razer Core X external GPU enclosures for additional graphics power
- Perfect display for work or play: An edge-to-edge, 100% sRGB, factory-calibrated matte screen with a 240Hz refresh rate offers the best experience for both creative tasks or intense gaming sessions
- Customizable RGB individual key lighting: Illuminates in sync with Razer Chroma-supported peripherals and popular games with multiple lighting effects
- Biometric security: Supports Windows Hello instant facial unlock and authentification with integrated webcam and IR sensor
- Ultimate connectivity: Includes 1x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C 3.2, 1x USB-C, 3x USB 3.2 Type-A, 1x HDMI, 1x UHS-III SD card reader, 1x 2.5 Gbit ethernet port, and Wi-Fi 6 802. 11ax wireless
- Specifications: 9th Gen Intel Core i7 9750H 6 core processor w/ 2. 6GHz/4. 5GHz (base/max turbo), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q, 17.3″ FHD 240Hz matte display, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD
2. LG gram 17
LG gram (2022) 17Z90Q Ultra Lightweight Laptop, 17″ (2560 x 1600) IPS Display, Intel Evo 12th Gen i7 1260P Processor, 16GB LPDDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, FHD Webcam, WiFi 6E, Thunderbolt 4, Windows 11
|Brand||LG gram 17|
|Hard Disk Size||1 TB|
|CPU Model||Core i7|
|Ram Memory Installed Size||16 GB|
|Operating System||Windows 11 Home|
|Special Feature||Backlit Keyboard Fingerprint|
|Card Description||Intel XE|
About LG gram 17
- 17″ WQXGA IPS Display With DCI-P3 99%. A screen that can make your visions come to life with and a bold DCI-P3 99% color gamut* to add a realistic touch to graphics. (*DCI-P3 Typical 99%, Minimum 95%)
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 12th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor and Iris Xe Graphics. A powerful processor with impressive with Iris Xe graphics, built to carry you through work, studies, and surfing the web.
- 16GB RAM. 16GB of memory to a substantial clock speed of 5200 Mhz, we’re making it simple to do work and play with minimal buffering.
- 1TB PCIe4 M.2 NVMe SSD. Supporting 1TB of storage, you have the power and speed to run multiple large applications while saving your important documents with ease.
- Ultra-Lightweight. With an ultra-lightweight body, bring your laptop wherever you go since it’ll never weigh you down.
- 80 Wh Battery: Carry your hustle anywhere with up to 12.5 hours of nonstop power and get up to 19.5 hours of video playback, with a whopping 80 Wh battery.*
- Connectivity – Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI port, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Full HD IR Webam: Stay connected Full HD video quality and built-in AI sound technology that filters out background noise so you can always look and sound your best.
3. Lenovo ThinkPad X1
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Business Notebook: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H (up to 4.1 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 15.6″ FHD IPS Display, Windows 10 Pro Professional
|Brand||Lenovo ThinkPad X1|
|Screen Size||15.6 Inches|
|Hard Disk Size||1 TB|
|CPU Model||Core i7 8750H|
|Ram Memory Installed Size||32 GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Professional 64-bit|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti|
About Lenovo ThinkPad
- Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-Core Processor (9MB Cache, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel Max Turbo)
- 32GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM
- 1TB Intel PCIe NVMe M.2 fast Solid State Drive
- 15.6″ FHD IPS LED Backlight Anti-Glare Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q Dedicated Graphics Card, 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory
- 802.11 AC Wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Backlit Keyboard, 3-Year Depot Warranty
Best Developer Laptop – faq
- Which laptop is best for developers?
- What laptop do most developers use?
- Which Windows laptop is best for developers?
- How much RAM is enough for developers?
1. Which laptop is best for developers?
These laptops are the best recommendations for developer.
LG gram 17 is one of the best laptops for developers. But it is you who will decide. All of the laptops on this list are perfect for developers. At the same time, there are many laptops that are not included in this list that will create great performance for developers. Because most laptops on the market are suitable for developers.
2. What laptop do most developers use?
In general, most of the software developers use windows based operating system. All laptops that meet the laptop requirements listed above are used by software developers. All the laptops we recommend in this article are used.
3. Which Windows laptop is best for developers?
The best Windows laptop for developers is the Dell XPS 17
- Editor’s Choice – Dell XPS 17
New XPS 17 9720 Laptop 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900HK GeForce RTX 3060 17.0″ 4K UHD+ Touch Anti-Reflecitve Display Plus Best Notebook Pen Light 8TB SSD 64GB RAM 11 PRO
|Brand||Best Notebooks XPS 17 9720 Laptop|
|Screen Size||17 Inches|
|Hard Disk Size||8 TB|
|CPU Model||Intel Core i9|
|Ram Memory Installed Size||64 GB|
|Operating System||Windows 11 Pro|
|Graphics Coprocessor||GeForce RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6|
About Dell XPS 17
- Processor 12th Generation Intel Core i9-12900HK (24MB Cache, up to 5.0 GHz, 14 cores)
- Memory 64 GB, 2 x 32 GB, DDR5, 4800 MHz, dual-channel Upgrade for intense multitasking and gaming
- Hard Drive 8TB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD Gen4 technology up to 7000MB/s read speed and up to 5300MB/s write speed Upgrade
- Display 17.0″ 4K UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflecitve 500-Nit Display
- Graphics Card GeForce RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6
4. How much RAM is enough for developers?
For developers, 16 GB of RAM is enough. However, 32GB is recommended for maximum performance.