Autocad 2023 entry point not found | When starting Autodesk software, an error appears:
acad.exe – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point <code point text> could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\<file>.dll.
Note: The DLL <code point text> and the DLL mentioned can vary. DLL files seen to exhibit this error are:
There are multiple potential causes for this behavior:
- The DLL referenced in the error message is the wrong version.
- This happens when a DLL has been copied to a location on the system other than its default location.
- Conflicting Windows or .NET update.
To resolve the error:
- Search the local hard drive for extra copies of the affected DLL.
- Remove or rename the extra files.
If the problem persists, use the following strategies:
- Uninstall any associated object enabler.
- Perform a clean reinstall using the MSfixit tool and then reinstall the software directly from your Autodesk Account.
Check to see if you have a LiteHTML.dll file in your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 or C:\Windows\System32 folders. If there is, rename it. Then try again. Afterwards, you can rename it back.
This issue has been around for ages:
You can also click here. AutoCAD System Requirements