Autocad 2023 accore.dll | AutoCAD products do not launch and Event Viewer shows Faulting module name: accore.dll
AutoCAD products do not launch. One of the errors in the Windows Event Viewer application log is:
- Faulting module name: accore.dll
- Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2022\accore.dll
- Corrupted / missing file during installation.
- Insufficient Admin access / rights in the system.
- Secondary Installer needs to be loaded properly:
- Try to launch the software as an admin, and check whether the software is able to load properly.
- If above is working, give an affected user a temporary admin access / rights, load the software for the first time, and remove the admin access / rights afterwards.
- If the issue persists, perform a clean uninstall.
How to perform a Clean Uninstall of Autodesk products on Windows
Instructions on how to perform a clean uninstall of Autodesk products on Windows.
A clean uninstall may be necessary if:
- You’re trying to upgrade to a new version and keep getting errors.
- You tried to install a product for the first time and installation stopped midway.
- You thought you installed it successfully, but the product won’t start.
- Search “Uninstall Tool” on the Windows Start button.
- Open it and select all the Autodesk software to remove them.
Note. The Uninstall Tool is only available for Autodesk software that are not using the new Installation Experience. If the tool is not available on your system, skip to Step 3.
- Click Start > type appwiz.cpl > press ENTER. The Control Panel opens. Uninstall all Autodesk software.
- Run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to check and remove any residual Autodesk software on the system.
- Click Start > type %temp% > press ENTER. The Temp folder opens. Remove all folders and files, skip any in use.
- Remove the 3 files starting with adsk in C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet (Note. One of the 3 files is hidden).
- Remove the folders below:
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
- C:\ProgramData\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- %localappdata%\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- %appdata%\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- Open Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT) and remove the following:
Note. The above Clean Uninstall steps will remove all Autodesk software from your machine and any residual files from any previous installations, Windows registry keys, and license information. Use this procedure only if you need to remove ALL Autodesk software from your system. To uninstall single products, use the Uninstall button in “Programs and Features” in “Control Panel”.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, Back up system registry. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.
How to perform a Clean Uninstall of Autodesk products on macOS
How to perform a clean uninstall of Autodesk programs on macOS.
Note. If multiple Autodesk products are installed, the following process will affect all of them.
- Uninstalling all the installed software using the “Remove…” application.
Alternatively, by right-clicking the programs and choosing Move to Trash.
- If you are uninstalling version 2020 or newer versions stop the Autodesk Licensing Service daemon:
- Open a Terminal window.
- Type launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.autodesk.AdskLicensingService.plist
- Remove files and folders that may have been left behind after uninstalling the product using the following commands in Terminal:
Note. The rm -rf command is destructive if not used properly. It will delete the files permanently.
- sudo rm -rf /Users/<USER NAME>/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk* (removes Autodesk background services files).
- sudo rm -rf /Users/<USER NAME>/Library/Logs/Autodesk* (removes Autodesk background services log files).
- sudo rm -rf /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.autodesk.* (removes Autodesk daemons).
- sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk* (removes Autodesk application data).
- sudo rm -rf /Applications/Autodesk (removes Autodesk program shortcuts).
- sudo pkgutil –pkgs | grep -i autodesk | xargs -n1 pkgutil –forget (removes residual Autodesk product packages).
Note: If this step fails you must enable the macOS root user and run it again as user root:
- Enable macOS root user.
- In the Terminal type: su –
- Type the root password (no characters will be shown).
- Run the command: pkgutil –pkgs | grep -i autodesk | xargs -n1 pkgutil –-forget
- Type exit (to exit the root user).
AutoCAD does not launch and Event Viewer shows faulting module: KERNELBASE.dll
AutoCAD does not run. One of the errors in the Windows Event Viewer application log is: Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
KERNELBASE.dll errors typically relate to Windows image, software drivers, program prerequisites, certificates and also may be a related to a Citrix environment.
Try the following to troubleshoot the issue:
A. How to remove and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries from Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features applet
B. Download your Autodesk software using the “Browser Download” method or Autodesk Virtual Agent
NOTE: You may be required to download multiple files. For example, Revit 2018 requires 3 files. All of the files need to be downloaded for your product in their entirety before beginning the installation. Double-clicking any ONE file will begin the extraction and installation process.
C. Install your Autodesk software as follows:
1. Logon as an Administrator.
2. Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter.
3. Disable your Antivirus software.
4. Disable UAC User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide
5. Install your Autodesk Software
D. Check the value of the registry key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing\State]
valid values are:
State = 0x00023e00 – ‘Check for publisher’s certificate Revocation’ Unchecked
State = 0x00023c00 – ‘Check for publisher’s certificate Revocation’ Checked
On any other value change it to “23c00” and start AutoCAD again.
See MS Article
E. Copy KERNELBASE.dll from machine which is working and replace to the path:C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
AutoCAD crashes or freezes due to faulting module “ntdll.dll”
AutoCAD hangs or crashes with an error message with NTDLL.DLL or AdHttpLib.dll module.
In some instances, AutoCAD just crashes and no error message is shown. Event Viewer may show an error report similar to the below in Windows Logs > Application:
Faulting application name: acad.exe, version: 126.96.36.199, time stamp: 0x541144df Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0000000000027b0b Faulting process id: 0xa3c Faulting application start time: 0x01d03b78a3bc02f9 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll Report Id: b54eb839-a76f-11e4-ae0f-3417eba51503
Case # 19053491 – Error message was as below:
Faulting application name: acad.exe, version: 188.8.131.52, time stamp: 0x6228927e Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1682, time stamp: 0x7b5414ec Exception code: 0xc0000374 Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff249 Faulting process id: 0x2748 Faulting application start time: 0x01d8603931c685c3 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2021\acad.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll Report Id: f0841b2a-5e85-4927-8514-8d97a697e810 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
- Windows 7 64bit
- Windows 10 64bit
Check the below solutions one by one, testing AutoCAD after each:
- Install all available AutoCAD and Windows updates.
Check your Graphics Card (GPU)
Check if the Graphics card meets the requirements of Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware.
- If the video card is included in the list, install Autodesk Certified drivers for it.
- If the video card is not included in the list, visit the video card manufacturers web site and download the latest available drivers for the card.
- If the video card is not included in the list and the drivers are already installed. Use the following guide to continue troubleshooting: Starting AutoCAD-based products without hardware video acceleration.
Repair AutoCAD Installation
- Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries using the following guide: How to remove and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries.
- Restart the computer.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program.
- Select the AutoCAD program.
- Click on Uninstall/Change – this will open AutoCAD installation configuration wizard.
- In AutoCAD installation configuration wizard select Repair or Reinstall > Repair.
Troubleshoot DLL Files
- Install Autoruns for Windows.
- Start Autoruns.
- Check AppInit tab in Autoruns’ windows.
- Rename DLLfiles listed there one by one and try starting AutoCAD each time to see if the error resolves.
- Appending the name with “OLD” will make it easy to identify the files tested).
- Rename the DLL files that did resolve the issue to their original names.
If non of above solution work:
- Repair Windows and if this does not fix the issue
- Reinstall Windows
- How To Fix Ntdll.dll Errors
- KB2962872 mshtml.dll 11.0.9600.17207 APPCRASH
- Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files